Story: Adventures of a Playboy – The Love Fight - Episode 11

Click To Read Previous Episode



I woke up around 9am. My parents were off to work while my other siblings were also off to school. I’m the only one at home now (feeling sad). Went to the kitchen and was surprised to see left over Indomie in the pot. I guessed Funmilayo purposely left the indomie for me.
I ate it then I remembered that I haven’t brush (who cares).
I called Motunrayo and rushed off to take my bath.
I went to Bidemi’s house to say hello (she’s still awaiting her waec result). I knocked and I heard a familiar voice. It’s Abduls.
Abdul: na who be that?
Me: it’s me
Abdul: haaaaa Oga, long time!
Me: abi oooo
Abdul: you travelled (while opening the gates)
Me: no oooo. I’m just busy with other things. Is Bidemi in?
Abdul: Yes but she be dey sick since Sunday..
Me: (pretending that I know)… I know: that’s why I came to check on her. What about Kikelomo?
Abdul: I never see her today… she suppose dey inside.
As I entered the compound: I unlocked my phone and I renamed Motunrayo’s number to David. I remembered Tunde’s rule of not leaving love text message on ones phone. I deleted the implicating messages as I entered the Adeboye’s living room.
I saw Kikelomo in the living room and I guessed she is staying behind because of her sick sister. I managed to force a greeting:
Me: Good Morning…
Kikelomo: what’s good about this morning with you involved.
I just stood there looking like a caught yam thief.
I was then contemplating whether to beg her or move along to Bidemi’s room.
I summoned the courage to chat her up.
Me: we guys are best of friends before what happened at the cinemas. I’m sorry for whatever I might have caused between you and your sister. I regretted every action of it till now. Just find it in your heart to forgive me.
Kikelomo: (now emotional)… you don’t know the extent of what you have done…. I have nothing against you. it’s Bidemi you need to talk to because she’s the one being moody about the whole thing since Sunday.
Me: Thank You ! Can I see her?
Kikelomo: yes…she’s in her room.
Me: won’t you come with me?
She looks at me and said “go… I will come and join you later”
I was about entering her room when my proposed David called and the sound of my ringing tone might have alerted her that I am around.
I entered her room.
Me: good morning
Bidemi: good morning
Me: I heard you are not feeling too good… that’s why I came: hope you are feeling much better now?
Bidemi: (nods her head up&down).
Me: I’m sorry for everything that I have caused you.
Bidemi: (starts crying)… it’s okay… I will be fine.
I was touched when I saw her crying…. And I knew that I really hurt her.
Me: I’m sorry. I have not being myself of late. I still drink once in a while but that’s only when I think about you. I can’t continue to live like this. Please forgive me. Let us continue with her friendship.
After much begging; she eventually succumbed. I hugged her and asked if she would follow me to open a bank account with First Bank. She said yes…. she dressed up and we are ready to go.
We got to the living room and Kikelomo was surprised to see both of us going out so soon.
Bidemi: Femi is going to the bank to open an account. We are going together.
Me: I think I have an idea…. we all go to the bank to open my bank account then we head off to the cinemas.
Kikelomo: what gave you the impression that I would want to go anywhere with you?
Me: (just dump folded, didn’t say anything)
Bidemi: hanhan; I thought he has begged you. He only wants our friendship besides he’s the only friend that we’ved got.
Kikelomo: and so what? (now crying) Is that why he should be taking us for granted. If he cares about that he won’t be trampling on our emotions.
Me: (voice shaking) you have every right to be angry. I think I deserved more harsh treatment than what you people are melting down on me right now. I think Kikelomo is right. I don’t deserve your friendship. I betrayed the love and trust you guys had for me. (trying hard to hold down the tears in my eyes). I think I should start going. BidemiKikelomo…. please do take care of yourselves. I know someday, somehow, you girls would move along. As for me, I’m already moving along with my alcoholic life style.
Tears started rolling down their eyes. and as for me, I just have to move away from this place; make man no go fu*k up. I turned and was heading for the door.
I was truly walking away when Kikelomo called out my name. I looked back and she said “do you have all the requirements for opening a new bank account?”
Me: Yes
Kikelomo: Okay… I will only forgive you only on one condition.
Me: Okay… what condition is that?
Kikelomo: that you would not date either of us.
Me: (looking at Bidemi)… okay…. at least I have my friends back (now Smiling).
We hugged each other and we headed to the bank.
We got to the bank and I filled the required form for the new account. I got my account number and my ATM Card. I deposited TEN thousand naira into my new account.
We spent upto to an hour. Then we headed to the ATM machine to change my new pin.
Me: I don’t know how to use it ooo.
Kikelomo: olodo… let me help you out.
We all laughed as Kikelomo helped in changing the pin to my desired one and also explaining how to operate it.
We are now through with the bank stuff. I still have more money with me. I suggested we go to KFC around the corner.
We ordered for fried rice and chicken with soft drinks. I took pictures of my new friends and I asked one of the security guard to snap the three of us together eating. It was fun and we are really enjoying ourselves until something dramatic happens…..
Bidemi&Kikelomo na wahala oooo.
As we were eating and catching fun at the same time. There’s another girl at another table with her guy.
She kept staring at me and giving me signs that she wants to talk with me but I know that’s not possible.
I tried to concentrate more on the Adeboye’s but the seating arrangement did not helped. I was directly facing the girl while Bidemi&Kikelomo were backing her.
The guy she came with was busy devouring his meal like a prisoner just released from kirikiri (mumu/maga). He was not even aware of what was going on. The staring went on for a while.
I ignored her but as I was about to take selfie with my girls; the girl approached our table.
The girl: good afternoon guys
Us: good afternoon
The girl: I have been watching you guys since morning and I know that you all know how to catch fun.
I immediately looked at her table.. the guy was nowhere to be found. Maybe he went to the gent (I smell trouble).
Me: Yes… my friends second name is fun… (we all laughed)
The girl: Okay… I have to go back to my table now.
she walks round our table then drops a note in my pocket and whispered into my ear “call me”.
We all watched her as she catwalks her way back to her table. We were all quite for awhile. I brought out the note, it’s only a phone number that’s on it and I handed it over to Kikelomo.
Bidemi: that girl needs to be taught a lesson.
Me: (her mood has changed) Bidemi just let it off jare.
Kikelomo: na all those runs girl… leave am jare…. she’s not worth it
Bidemi: who do she thinks she is? A guy with two girls in a fast food. And she still has the gut to…..
Me: (cuts her off) Bidemi relax…. not as if I’m going to call her. You can have the number if you want to.
Kikelomo: (tears the paper) you see… all is well now. Let’s continue with our selfie.
Kikelomo and I was busy checking our pix when we heard Bidemi’s voice from afar. She is now seating with the girl and the guy on their table (guy is back now).
Bidemi: hello
The guy: hi… what can we do for you?
Bidemi: Nothing much…. I have been looking at you for awhile. I think I like you. can I please have your number? I really want to know you.
The guy: (amused) why do you think I will want to do that? I’m with my girlfriend you know (pointing at her).
Bidemi: Okay…. then let me give you mine…. at least you can call me whenever she’s not with you (bad eyeing her).
The guy: (now angry) please stop all these… I’m not interested in being your friend. Don’t you have respect for women like yourself? It’s sl*t like you that makes people talks ungodly things about women.
Bidemi: (now angry) how dare you call me a sl*t? If anybody is a sl*t: then it’s this bit*h sitting right here (pointing at her).
Before we could move from our table to calm things down … the guy has already slapped Bidemi.
This really got me infuriated.
Me: how dare you slap a woman?
The guy: how dare she call my girlfriend a sl*t and a bit*h in a sentence
Me: is she not a sl…..
Before I could finished my statement. The guy attempted to slap me and I blocked it then gave him the beating of his life. I punched him in the eye and he kept shouting “my eye my eye” (who cares). I lifted him up, later to slam him on the floor.
I continued panel beating his body with my punches (blow). Left, right and centre.. I’m very sure if it were to be a wrestling match; it would have been counted as KO (knock out).
The girl wanted to run away but Bidemi held her with her belt like the way policemen used to arrest criminals.
It took 5mins before KFC security men could separate us but I had already succeeded in adding more flesh to his right eye and mouth (both swollen)
The manager came out and we explained everything to him. He blamed the two girls involved. He settled it. He said he’s not involving the police because we didn’t spoil anything. We apologised to ourselves and I insisted on taking him to the chemist for treatment.
I paid N1500 to the chemist and I left both of them to sort out themselves.
We were heading straight home without uttering a word when Kikelomo broke the silence.

Click To Read Next Episode

Post a Comment

Place Your Comment Here

Previous Post Next Post